Thursday, July 21, 2011

Ricky Alvarez: I want to win everything with Inter


The ex-Velez Sarsfield star, 23, signed with the Italians on the express request of president Massimo Moratti, for a fee of €12 million. Inter beat Arsenal to the signature of the playmaker, who joins compatriots Javier Zanetti, Esteban Cambiasso and Diego Milito in Milan.

Speaking on Wednesday afternoon, Alvarez declared himself delighted to have joined such a prestigious club, and revealed that his first goal was to make the starting line-up.

"For now I want to adapt to the team, I have to learn about the football they play in Italy and also to speak Italian. I hope that, step by step, I can become a starter in Inter, but you have to take these things slowly," he admitted in an interview with Corriere dello Sport.

Long-term, however, his ambitions are higher.

"I want to win everything. Inter is a team that fights to win every competition. Here one cannot choose [just one title]".

Alvarez is highly-rated on both sides of the Atlantic, and his direct yet skilful approach has already invited comparisons with Kaka and Zinedine Zidane in the Italian press.

0 komentar:

Post a Comment