Thursday, July 21, 2011

Marco Materazzi hits out at former Inter coaches Leonardo & Rafael Benitez


Materazzi, a former Italy international who won the World Cup in 2006, made just six starts last season as neither Benitez nor Leonardo believed he warranted a regular role in the centre of defence.

And, the Italian has hit out at both men.

"Let it be clear, leaving Inter a year early was not my decision," Materazzi is quoted as saying on Sportmediaset.it.

"Leonardo betrayed me and the club. He told me I was no longer part of his plans and if it was down to him, I wouldn't even be in the Champions League list."

Materazzi rescinded his contract and admits if he does not get an offer to continue playing, a move upstairs is likely.

"If the chance to play doesn't arrive then I have an agreement with the club to be part of them internally. I have Inter in my heart and [Andrea] Ranocchia is my heir," he added.

Speaking of former boss Benitez, who left the club in December following a disastrous six-month stint, Materazzi said: "I respond with Jamie Carragher's words from his autobiography: 'Benitez is one of those who thinks they know everything and if you meet him in the pub you will punch him.'"

0 komentar:

Post a Comment