Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Alvarez: "I'm in the best club in the world"


From Luc Castaignos to Ricardo Alvarez, who was presented to the press, accompanied by Technical Director Marco Branca and by vice-General Manager Stefano Filucchi. "Playing for the best club in the world is a marvellous feeling for me."
"Ricky 'Maravilla', as he was nick-named by his very first coach when he was beginning to play according to Ricky, came from Argentina: "I began playing and the nick-name was given to me by that coach every game I played." Nerazzurri captain, Javier Zanetti had spoken of him recently comparing him to Kaka: "I'm grateful to Zanetti," said Alvarez, "for the compliments he made and for the comparison with such a great player, but I'm coming here with my very own style of play and I'll try to be myself."
"Having various Argentinian team-mates," he went on, "is a great help. Samuel, for example, at the moment is helping me a lot, since none of the others are here yet, as are Colombians Cordoba and Rivas and the rest of the squad have rallied round, too. I've really enjoyed these first few days, I'm settling in and we're already working hard in order to win as many trophies as possible; I am really happy. I have chosen Inter, the best club in the world. Were Arsenal interested in me? Yes, that's true, but I'll say it again, Inter are the best team in the world."
The best team in the world, and Alvarez supported them as a child: "My father made me a present of an Inter scarf and I still have it."
What type of player is Alvarez? "I'm a midfielder," said Ricky, "but I feel at ease playing further up front too. Of course where I play is up to the coach, we haven't spoken about it yet."
Ricky's shyness during the interview was also pointed out. He smiled and said: "Ok I'm shy, that's true, but that's here and now in front of TV cameras, not on the pitch where I grew up and where I feel at ease."
Finally, Alvarez complimented Erik Lamela, his fellow-countryman who has been signed by Roma: "Lamela has wonderful skill and great qualities and plays very well."

0 komentar:

Post a Comment