Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Davide Santon wants to redeem himself at Inter


Inter defender Davide Santon has expressed his hope of turning round his career at San Siro, after a promising pre-season campaign.

The 20-year-old burst onto the scene during the 2008-09 season under the tutelage of Jose Mourinho, with his first-leg performance against Manchester United in the Champions League last 16 garnering praise from pundits and football fans alike.

However, a year later, he suffered an injury-ravaged campaign, and after a difficult start to last season under then-coach Rafa Benitez, a loan spell at Cesena seems to have helped resume his development.

"Will this be the year when I regain my form? I don't want to comment, but I hope so," Santon told the club's official website.

The Club World Cup holders are currently based in Trentino in northern Italy, preparing for another low-key friendly affair, and Santon has reflected on, what he feels has been a productive couple of weeks in Inter's summer preparation.

"We have been busy these past 12 days, and we have managed to play well in two friendlies. Now we are preparing for the one tomorrow in Rovereto, which will be the toughest of the three."

The Under-21 international then went on to talk about new coach Gian Piero Gasperini, who has utilised him frequently so far, albeit in a new, more advanced position.

"He has settled in well," said Santon. "When he puts me in midfield, I feel fine. When I played in the first match against Trento, I played on the flanks in midfield, while against Mezzocorona I was at full-back."

0 komentar:

Post a Comment