Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Javier Zanetti: I could have joined Barcelona or Real Madrid but I preferred to stay with Inter

The Argentine, who turns 38 on Wednesday, has played for the club since 1995.

Zanetti captained the San Siro outfit to a sensational treble triumph in 2010 when they won the Scudetto, Champions League and Coppa Italia.
 
However, things could have been very different had he decided to move on to La Liga.

"I was close to joining Barcelona and Real Madrid, but I am happy to have remained at Inter because I knew that sooner or later our moment to shine would arrive, and it did," Zanetti told Sky Sport Italia.

"I arrived at Inter when I was very young and I had the chance to play with Giuseppe Bergomi, and I met Giacinto Facchetti too."

Zanetti has made 753 appearances for Inter since his arrival from Banfield.

0 komentar:

Post a Comment